Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My 30 Day May Juice Fast Journal (updated *usually* daily)

Day 1:



So far, day one has been okay.



I'm having to deal with some very personal issues involving my children so I've been on edge, moody, emotional and just pissed off BUT I know that these feelings have nothing to do with the fast.



I've had plenty of energy today. I did get hungry once, but I just made a juice and drank more water.



I think my personal issues are making it easier to not focus on the fact that I'm not eating. So yay for that, I guess.



I went for a 1.26 mile power walk and run today and it felt great. I'm not sure that I will feel up to it tomorrow, but I want to try to stay as active during this fast. During my first fast, I did very little as far as exercising. I was VERY active with my kids, running and playing, because of the over abundance of energy, but I didn't feel well enough to get out and really push myself. So far, I do. Only time will tell tomorrow.



My starting weight is 169.5 at 5'5 with a BMI of 28.2.



And now....the moment you've all been waiting for......my lovely "before" photos.









Day 2:



167.5- down 2 lbs



I trusted the principal at my children's school to...I don't know.....do what she said she would do and PROTECT MY INNOCENT CHILD. Today I found out today that out of EVERYTHING that was promised to me yesterday, NONE of it happened. Not one single fucking thing and because of that, today has been filled with rage. I've not been hungry, but I've been so incredibly pissed off that I doubt I'd notice the hunger pain over my rage! I've been yelling and screaming at everyone. I have no headaches, aches or pains. I have anxiety, fear, depression, fury, sadness, anger, and helplessness. I want to cry and cry and cry but it has nothing to do with juice. Today sucks beyond belief. And to add more stress to my already overflowing plate, I've withdrawn my children from their school where they are no longer safe and I'm now homeschooling them. Just what I needed. A school that doesn't protect the innocent. Lovely.



I could rant and rage all damn night but I'm going to just shut up now and go to bed. Irritable doesn't being to describe how I feel. I'm lost and hurt.



Day 3:

165.4- down 4.1 lbs



Today sucked on a personal level. I was so stressed out and worn out over all of the events that happened this week that even though I've been juicing exclusively, IF I'm detoxing, I don't notice it. Maybe part of my irritability is from detoxing? But it's also very possible that it's just who I am. I turn into a very different person when the safety of my children are concerned. I'm usually a vey happy go lucky, laid back, loving person. When my kids are in danger, it's like I turn into this fierce Mama Bear that will slice the throats of anyone in her way.



Emotionally today sucked. I wasn't concerned about me at all and at the end of the day, I realized I only had 2 juices the entire day. That's not good. Tomorrow I promise to focus on myself a little more.



Day 4:

164.5- down 5 lbs



My promise for the day is to focus a little more on myself. In fact, it's 6:30 am here now and I think I'll go on a brisk walk and run. I'll check in again later.



I went on a mile long run and power walk today in 13 minutes. I'm pretty proud of myself for that. I am NOT a runner and just started trying to run one week ago.





I'm not sure if it's because it's the weekend and I don't have to worry about my twins' school, but today was better than the previous days. Overall, today was BLAH vs being pure hell the last few days.



We ended the night taking our kids to the park and having fun. I wanted to walk more (I CRAVE daily workouts now) but I decided I needed to spend more time with my guys so we ended up digging for dinosaur fossils. Then, we started playing zombies and when I tried to outrun a 6 year old, I could feel the burn in my legs. I'm interested to see if I'll be able to walk tomorrow!! Hahaha









And on that note, goodnight.







Day 5:

163.8- down 5.7 pounds



Today we have church and I will be helping cook a luncheon for our congregation so I made sure to drink a big juice for breakfast filled with carrots and beets (love that energy) and I prepared and will take a mean green for lunch. No breaking the fast for this girl!



Church was fun! I had quite a few people ask me what I had been doing to lose weight and MOST everyone was either nice or kept their negative opinions to themselves. There was one woman who flat out said, "Yeah! That's not healthy at all." Now, usually I'd just keep my mouth shut and move along but I was fairly offended. This woman had a good 70 lbs on me and was quite a bit sorter, stuffing her face with bread and meatloaf. I just laughed and said, "Well, something must be working because I've lost over 30 lbs, kept it off, and I feel better, younger and full of energy!"



I will be loaning out our copy of Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead to another kind woman from our church. It feels amazing being able to prove people wrong. Juicing is unhealthy? Really? Go on and eat more of that healthy green bean casserole, bread smothered in margarine and your meatloaf. And tell me how full of energy you feel in a few hours when you have to unbutton your jeans just to sit on the couch.



Trust me, I'm not judging. I was once the very same way.....but I also NEVER told someone who was far healthier than I was, that what they were doing was unhealthy.



“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven" Luke 6:37. I choose the high road and forgive her rude and unhelpful comments. :)



Day 6:



Whew. No weight check today. My kids stayed with my mom last night so I got to *gasp* sleep in! I like to weigh myself at the same time everyday to get the most accurate weight so since I slept in, I decided to skip the scale.



I got out and ran/jogged for a mile today. I waited until almost 1 pm and it was getting really, really hot. I wanted to do more but I could tell I was really pushing myself in that heat. Plus, it is different running on pavement than it is running on gravel!



Not much else to report. See ya on the flip side!



Day 7:



163.8-down 5.7 lbs



Looks like I've stalled. I'm not going to stress over it because I know what I am feeding my body is very healthy AND I've been running, which I'm sure is building muscle in my legs.



My plan for today is to really step it up with my water consumption and get a walk or run in if possible.



I'll check in later.



Very stressful day. I had a green juice with kale, cucumber, celery, pineapple, grapefruit and orange this morning.



Then I went up to school to volunteer for 2.5 hours, went shopping for this ADORABLE dedication outfit for my son on Mother's Day, and then went by and made a police report against a child at my son's school. Just got home at 12:30 and made a quick juice of romaine, cucumber, strawberry and grapefruit. YUM!



Now, off to meditate for at least 10 minutes. I need to clear my mind.



PS I'm failing at upping my water intake.






Day 17:


162.5 down 7 lbs.



Wow! I'm officially the lowest weight I've been since High School! Woot! Woot!!



I had something very personal come up and I was unable to use my juicer for 5 days. And not just that, but I also was only able to eat the food someone else made....and that kind of food was just not healthy. Tons of processed junk. I didn't enjoy it at all and I started back juicing as soon as I was able. So even though it says Day 17, I had 5-6 days of junk and since then, I've been juicing full time. It took quite a while to get back to a normal weight and today I realized I was at my lowest weight! So yay me!



The last 10 days have been incredibly hard on me. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. To
day has been a bit better and I actually felt like blogging today. So maybe things are looking up, huh?


Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and thank you for asking me to update this. I'm glad to be back in the swing of things.

I've decided to start over.

Click HERE to see my continued progress and check to see if I reached my goal of being in the 150's by the twins' birthday party!!!!


And as always, thanks for reading!



11 comments:

  1. As a mother all we want to do is to protect our children. it is good that you learned what was going on and are in a position that you were able to remove your children away from what wasn't working. Thank you for posting, it really helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how are you doing as of May 12th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you are doing. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry I haven't updated in a while. We had some stuff come up and I ended up not being able to juice for about 5 days and I only had access to foods that were made for me. Which wasn't good foods, most of it was processed junk. :( it took a while to feel up to blogging. I'll update this in just a bit. Thank you ALL for the kind words and words of encouragement. And again, I'm sorry it took me so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back! I hope you are doing ok with all of your personal stuff. Congrats on your weight this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi i just started juicing this is my third day and feeling great i hope you are coming back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rubi!
      I actually did come back. I didn't want to give myself credit for a 30 day fast when I wasn't juicing exclusively the entire time so I started over from day 1 and just completed a 16 day fast.

      The above links finally work now so check them out to see if I reached my goal!

      I wish you the very best of luck. Keep telling yourself that even though it might be very difficult at times, what you are doing for yourself is AMAZING. It's a wonderful gift to give your body. Hang in there and stay strong. You CAN do this,

      Delete
  7. Diabetic Exchange Diets:
    In this method, there are six broad types of food based on their micro nutrients - starch, non-starchy vegetables, fats, meat and meat-substitutes, milk and fruits. The daily meal plan is designed to achieve a particular number of servings diabetic diet from each of these areas. Here food is measured in portions and this method is found to be easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
    slow juicers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get the latest FOX Health News : breaking health and medical news from the UK and around the world, with in-depth features on well-being and lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What You Need To Know About The Good Life? Get the latest lifestyle news with articles and videos on pets, parenting, fashion, beauty, food, travel, relationships and more on CNN Daily Life news.

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!