Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Juicing Journals


I first watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead in January of 2013 (if you haven't seen it, watch it now!). I was inspired by Joe and Phil. If they, at their weights far greater than my own, could go for 60 days without eating any foods, I could too. I realized that I was absolutely addicted to unhealthy foods and I needed to break a nasty addiction. I wanted to do this around Lent so I started on February 13th and went for 40 full days. I did a 40 Day Juice Fast photo and weight log for most days.


I started a 30 Day May Juice Fast. The first few days were awesome and I bragged about how much easier this one was than my 40 Day one. So you'd think the month went flawlessly and you would be wrong. 
Read About my 30 Day May Juice Fast.


And then there is my next juicing journey, the Starting Over Juice Fast where I wanted to reach a goal by my twins' birthday party.

Next up? I'm doing a CLEAN EATING Cleanse!! That's right! I'll be cleansing AND eating REAL food at the same time! Want to join me and my efforts for an awesome transformation photo to share? Check it out: My 3 Day (non juice fast) Cleanse. I'll be starting it the last week of July or the first week of August 2014.

And there will be many more to come, I'm sure. Thank you for reading. It's extremely rewarding to reach out to people. If you are contemplating a juice fast because you are addicted to unhealthy foods, trust me, do it. Know that it will be difficult but also know that if you really put your heart and soul into this, you CAN do this. 

 
 



7 comments:

  1. I really want to do this fast! My addiction to food is taking over my life, and I've never felt worse (physically) than I do now. My BP is a little elevated, my joints hurt, I'm tired all the time, I have no motivation, etc. I'm at my heaviest (180) and desperately want to take back control of my life. I've read through your whole blog, and it has been so inspirational to me! I'm a total newbie to juicing, so this is going to be quite an adventure...especially while I'm running around chasing my 18 month-old daughter and have a husband deployed to Afghanistan. I'm a bit intimidated by all of this, but I hope I can do it. Now, off to buy a juicer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, you are on the right track! It won't be easy, but it will be one of the most rewarding things you can do. It's also such a great gift to give not only yourself, but for your daughter and husband too! Once I got past the first week or so, my mood instantly improved. I went from needing a nap everyday when my 22 month old son would nap, to having so much energy, I'd go walking or running while he napped. And when we feel good about ourselves, it's a lot easier to be happy. I still have to prepare meals for my twin 6 year olds and my almost 2 year old and that was one of the hardest things (cooking meals) when I started. But trust me, it can be done. You are far stronger than your cravings and if you do end up juicing long term, you'll find out that you are far stronger than you think right now.

    I would personally start off slow. Introduce new juices. Start off replacing one or two meals a day and all of your snacks with juice. While you are doing that, stop drinking sodas and coffee and start drinking more water. Also, stay away from the refined, processed foods, focusing more on plant based meals or lean proteins. This will help your detoxing when you do go full-on juice fasting.

    I'm so glad you joined our group and I look forward to getting to know you more and watch your progress. I'm happy to meet you, Bethany. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your story I am about to start a juice diet and I am totally looking forward to it! You have inspired me through your story and I know that it is possible. About how much juice do you drink a day. I am a working mother of two and I want to prepare the night before and just want to make sure that I have enough for the day! Thanks so much for your help in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started juicing this week and feeling lots of new energy! This is definitely the right way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joe!! I'm so glad that you've fallen in love with juicing, as I have! It can do amazing things! I'm extremely grateful to have found it. Congrats on the new steps to getting healthy!

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    I weigh 150lbs. Want to be down to 120lbs. I have Vitamix. Can I use it instead of Juicer? It will be more like a smoothie consistency but with just fruits and vegetables. No Milk. Thanks.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    juicer reviews

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!