Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pretty In Pink

This drink took me by surprise.

I've been juicing for quite a while and I have juiced watermelon but I remember not liking it very much and thinking back then that I had "wasted" a bunch of watermelon on a juice when eating it would have tasted much better. 

In our Juicing Group lately, watermelon drinks have started going around more and more so this morning I made a variation of watermelon juice that I just looooove! 

Pretty In Pink
1/2 cucumber
1 small grapefruit
A lot of mint
Chunks of watermelon (to taste)

Let me explain this one. I generally like drinking about 12-15 ounce servings of juice. More than that at a time and I feel overly full. Less than that and I'm hungry again too soon. 

So I started off with 1/2 a cucumber. I love my grapefruit so I got a small ruby red grapefruit and ran that through the juicer with a small handful of my hand grown garden mint. That made just under 10 ounces of juice for me so I cut up chunks of watermelon and fed it through my juicer until I reached about 14 ounces.

This juice is so delicious! I'm not ashamed to admit I'm glad my kids weren't awake when I made this one. I did NOT feel like sharing. 


Lesson Learned: If you don't like the taste of a juice or vegetable or fruit, don't be afraid to go back to it and try it again later. Taste buds change and the right combination of fruits and veggies really does help. 
I'm curious if you like this one. Leave me a comment below! 

2 comments:

  1. MMM...sounds goods. My favorite juice is the "cellulite/fat buster" recipe that you posted, I like to start my day with a glass of it, the mint really gives it a kick. I love grapefruits so I am going to give this one a try. I usually buy my watermelons at Costco but this week I bought one at fruit/vegetable market and it wasn't as sweet at the Costco melons and made a huge difference with juicing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! If you love the anti-cellulite/fat busing juice, I think you'll really like this one. It's much sweeter than the anti-cellulite so it's a good treat. I still have watermelon. I might make this for breakfast. My husband hasn't tried this one yet.

      And I never really realized how much I like mint in my drinks until I was out and I made the anti-cellulite juice without it. It wasn't terrible, but like you said, the mint just gives it the kick it needs.

      Delete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!