Monday, March 25, 2013

COMPLETED! 40 Days

Sunday March 24th (Palm Sunday) ended my 40 Day Juice Fast and it was a wonderful day!

I went to church where multiple people complimented me on my weight loss (and a few said they wanted to try what I was doing) which made me feel great! I opened up and told more people about what I had done to get to where I was and how amazing I felt.

As I was leaving church, our minister stopped me and told me that because of his juicing, he was now wearing a suit size he hadn't been able to wear in FOUR YEARS! And so thanks to him starting a juice fast, he was able to go out and buy himself a new suit in a new size! He and his wife are past the detoxing stage and feeling wonderful. I am so proud of them for making the decision.

I've had so many friends (countless, really) tell me that they can't go as drastic as I did, but that they juice at least one meal a day (usually two) and when they DO eat, they are choosing a more plant based, lean protein based meals and honey, THAT IS SUCCESS!!!!

Okay, back to Sunday.

After church we went home and we fed the kids something fast and easy (PB&J) and then we set to work on lunch. Since my blog is about a juice FAST and since this post is about a juice FAST, I won't go into detail about what I ate, but it was all vegetables and it was really good. I enjoyed myself. I ate slow and savored the tastes and when my stomach said it was full, I stopped eating. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. I used a small dessert plate, not even using half the plate and that was more than enough food. And I was satisfied!

I did not get on the scale this morning because I didn't feel like it but when I woke up, I wanted JUICE!

I want to highlight some of the changes I've experienced over the last 40 days. Some might mean a lot to you, some might be meaningless but nonetheless, these are all amazing transformations in my humble little life.

*My self confidence has never been higher.
*I am a happier person than I can ever remember being.
*I have more energy than I've had since before having children.
*I can keep up with, and more importantly, OUTLAST my twin 5 year olds and my (almost) 20 month old.
*Because of the added energy, my house is cleaner.
*I'm able to think far more clearly.
*Because of my clear thinking, I've started to become more organized.
*My husband and I have grown much closer (I will blog more about this very soon) and our relationship has really benefited.
*I've inspired people to change their lives (in varying different ways) and in turn, those people are inspiring others to change their lives.
*I've become empowered and I feel like there is nothing I can't do if I really put my mind to it.
*I've witnessed people take control of their lives and become happier and more confident.
*I've opened my eyes and became open, honest and transparent about where I was and how I got there.
*I've been honest with myself.
*I've received far more love and support from both friend AND family than I ever imagined was possible.
*I don't really recognize myself in the mirror yet. In a GOOD way!
*I went from (honestly) feeling like I was in the middle of my life and things were just going to go downhill to today, feeling like my life is really just starting to begin!
*My skin almost GLOWS.
*I am no longer obese.
*I wake up earlier, feeling great with a ton of energy, ready to face the day.
*I get a much better sleep.
*I no longer feel like I need to nap during the day (I actually only had one nap during my entire 40 day fast and that was when I was miserable and sick with a sinus infecion).
*I had absolutely no pain related to my Crohn's Disease.
*I've met some really awesome and inspiring people along the way. I've made new friends!
*The friendships I had with my best of friends have only strengthened!
*I've lost 25.1 lbs.
*I went from wearing a size 18 to a size 12.
*My BMI went from 32.1 to 27.9.
*I started loving myself. And my body.

I'm sure I will add to this list as I think of more things but I need to get this blog posted! Also, I will be posting my "after" photos very soon, I promise!!!

As always, thanks for reading!



Stay strong and juice on!
Teela Juicing Herman

1 comment:

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!