Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Grapealicious Cabbage and Celery

Yeah. It doesn't sound too good, does it?

I had some cabbage sitting in my fridge and I've juiced cabbage before....but that was back when I had a terrible sinus infection and couldn't taste anything! Needless today I was a little scared to try it again. It's really good!!! I think the grapes, grapefruit and mint really help hide the cabbage....but I've also been on this juice fast for over 30 days and I know my taste buds have changed. I'm curious if anyone else finds this juice appealing?

Oh! I've noticed drinking this one with a straw really helps. Even though I couldn't taste the cabbage, I could smell it.


3 sticks of celery
Cabbage (I cut off a chunk about the size of the palm of my hand)
1/2 large grapefruit
2 handfuls of white seedless grapes (about 24)
2 sprigs of mint

Cabbage and celery are great aids in weight loss. I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I started my juice cleanse on a whim 5 days ago and have lost 6lbs! I'm glad I found your blog. I was looking for someone who I could relate to as I go through my own journey. I plan to do this for another 9 days. I can't lose too much weight right now because I have a bridesmaids dress that I need to still fit me. I plan to get back on this after the wedding though. It makes me wish I had started sooner. Thanks for sharing and I'm so looking forward to your future progress.You've done awesome so far and have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joni!

      Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving me a comment! I adore comments from my readers!!!

      And congrats to you on your wonderful weight loss and for doing something so amazing for your body! How are you feeling 5 days in?

      When is the wedding?

      If you are on Facebook, add me! Teela Juicing Herman. We have a pretty neat little juicing support group and I'd love to have you join us!

      Best of luck to you on your juice fast! Your body is going to absolutely love you for what you are doing. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you! Today is day 6 and I'm feeling pretty good. My body feels so much lighter without all that heavy processed food in it. I've been feeling light-head though. Did you feel light headed in the beginning? I like to think that it's a side effect from the toxins releasing, but I'm not sure.

    The wedding is April 13 and I don't want to go through the hassle of having the dress altered days before the wedding.

    Yes! I sent a fb request to you and the group. I hope my body loves me for it! I was 185 lbs at my heaviest and I'm only 5'2 so that was pretty big. I've actually started my weight loss back in February 2012 at 167 lbs. I had lost 38 lbs with daily exercise and clean low calorie foods. I obviously fell back into old habits and gained 15 lbs! So far this is moving my body in the right direction again. I'm also really excited about changing my eating once I'm done with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very useful post and recipes of Cabbage Juice
    . I really like to read and get many benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!