Tuesday, April 9, 2013

4 Day (mini) Fast (completed)

This blog post is almost an entire week late so I apologize.

I ended my mini fast on Friday (April 5) so I went 4 full days on my mini fast and I've got to say, I'm pleased with the results!

In 4 days, I lost 5.5 lbs.

My husband and I decided to go out of town Saturday, overnight, and go to both Six Flags Fiesta Texas AND Sea World San Antonio......without kids!!!!! While we missed them, we had a BLAST!

I am not a big breakfast person so I've never, ever had a problem juicing for breakfast. Actually, I don't think there has been a single day since getting or juicer a few months ago that I HAVEN'T juiced for breakfast. Anyway, juicing for breakfast is my normal everyday. We had pistachios for lunch the first day at Sea World and then we went to a nice little restaurant for dinner. I was going to order a salad but my husband reminded me that we were on our own little vacation and that I should enjoy myself. I had half of a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, cole slaw and some potato wedges. It was good and it did not take much before I felt full. I also had a "skinny" martini.

The next day I had juice for breakfast and my husband had a waffle from the hotel. Then we went to Six Flags and my husband and I shared some nachos (ended up throwing about half away) for lunch and for dinner, we shared a medium turkey sandwich with one handful of chips each.

The next morning (yesterday), the scale's battery died so I was unable to weigh myself but I had juice for breakfast, a small juice and a tuna lettuce wrap for lunch and a small taco salad for dinner.

Today, new battery in the scale and......(drumroll, please).........I've maintained the weight loss from my mini fast!!!!!! It was nice to get to enjoy myself and not have the guilt that usually comes with it. I was able to go out, enjoy foods that I know weren't good for me....but enjoying them reasonably vs. before when I would just stuff my face ALL DAY LONG, and to still maintain.

I'm still not down to my lowest weight, but I am okay with that because I have absolutely NO doubt that I will reach it. Soon! And to quote from one of my favorite books, "Inside, outside, upside down. From head to toe and all around. I like it all. It all is me. And ME is all I want to be!"

I hope you all are having a great day!!!

Stay strong and juice on!
Teela Juicing Herman






No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!