Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2 (part 2)

I woke up 15 minutes late (because I guess both my husband and I slept through the alarm) and after going to bed much later than I should the night before, I had more energy than starting out on Day 1. I also felt lighter! I've lost weight but since I don't want to obsessively track it, I'm not going to tally up the total until whenever I decide to end my fast.

I started off with the Mean Green (about 15 oz) and then followed that up with about 36 oz of cold water. I started noticing a slight headache around lunch time but after drinking about 12 oz of water, it went away.

Lunch was 1/2 bunch kale, 1 stalk of celery, 1 1/2 apples, 2 limes and 5 mint leaves. This yielded about 16 oz of juice and was pretty good. The only thing I might change next time is only using 1 1/2 limes. I followed up lunch with another 24 oz of cold water.

Yesterday I felt like I HAD to take a nap midday and today I don't. I skipped our walk yesterday (it was almost 90 degrees Fahrenheit!!) but I was really looking forward to my walk today (which ended 45 minutes sooner than I had anticipated thanks to the rain and thunderstorm!) but the difference was that I was READY and EXCITED about my walk today.


Dinner was a juice that consisted of 4 stalks of celery, 1 cucumber, 1 apple, 2 grapefruit and a knob of ginger (this made about 34 oz and my husband and I split it). I followed that up with about 8 oz of water.

It is almost 7 pm of Day 2 and I've got to say, at least this time around (*knock on wood*) it's been relatively easy. I'm hoping that my 80 oz of water helps. I know I wasn't drinking near enough during my first 40 Day fast. Also I have to keep in mind that I only had one week (of fairly good eating) to detox from so I didn't expect it to be nearly as brutal the second time around.

Tomorrow I get to chaperone a bunch of kindergartners while they go on a field trip to a wildlife nature preserve, so I am really looking forward to that. Tomorrow morning I am going to start off with a juice heavy in carrots to give me that extra boost I'm going to need.

Well, I guess that's it. Not too much to report. I wish you all well and I'll try my best to check in again tomorrow.

Stay strong and juice on!
Teela Juicing Herman


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!