Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thankful Thursday

While I would love to take credit for this awesome idea, a sweet friend of mine does this beautiful Facebook status message every Thursday highlighting a few things she's thankful for that week (or just in general). What a great idea, right!?! I know that as a family and personally, I give thanks to God daily when I pray, but that's private. I want something a little more public, but still serious.

I have a lot to be thankful for so I'll limit myself to 7 since it's my favorite number!

I am thankful for my husband. He works so very hard to ensure that his family has a good life. When he gets home, he helps out with the kids and the housework. My husband was the one who got me to watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, which helped change my life and he has also been instrumental in giving me the love and support that I needed during my 40 day fast. He is amazing and I am one lucky gal.

I am thankful for all of my children but I will focus on just one per week and I guess I'll just go in order.


This is Little Man 1.0. I am so thankful to have such a loving and empathetic son. He always puts others first, he loves sharing and he is very thoughtful. He came home from school upset that a little girl from another class had lost her field trip money. He didn't even know what her name was but he was really concerned that she wasn't going to be able to go on the field trip if someone didn't help her find it (or return it, if it were stolen). It MADE HIS WEEK when I told him that we would get the money together and give it to the girl's teacher so we would ensure she could go. Seriously, you would have thought he won the lottery the next day when he came home from school and he had been awarded for doing that. He warms my heart.

I am thankful for rainy, chilly days. Sometimes it just feels good to just wear your PJ's all day, thankyouverymuch!

I was thinking today, I'm thankful I am able to vacuum my house. I've not yet (completely) lost my mind, i promise! Hear me out! I'm thankful I can afford the home to vacuum and I am thankful I can afford the actual vacuum to clean. But most importantly, I am thankful I have the health to vacuum and clean my house. I can bend, push, pull with ease.

I am thankful for Omas (Grandmas)who are willing to take ALL THREE sons overnight so their daughter (ME!) and son-in-law (my husband, duh, keep up!) can have a date night this Saturday! Woot! Woot!

I'm thankful to have such loving and supporting family, friends and even church family. I've only got a few Negative Nancy's and Ned's in my life currently but I am doing well at distancing myself from them, thus helping me stay happy, healthy, and positive!

I'm thankful for this blog! Corny, I know! I know! But it's true! Each and every week it brings at least one person into my life that I'm either able to help, they are able to help me, or as in most cases, we help one another! It's amazing to reach out and get involved in someone else's life. Getting and giving help is a wonderful feeling.


Okay. That's it for this Thursday! I just wanted to try something different. I challenge you all to do the same! It doesn't have to be a blogpost. It could be a status message, a journal/diary entry, a note to a loved one about a few things you are thankful about because of them, or just not them down on paper. It's nice to have something to look back on and remember that life IS good, even on bad days.

:) Stay strong and juice on!
Teela Juicing Herman





1 comment:

  1. Very nice thankful posts! I love writing my Thankful Thursdays - it's very therapeutic and keeps me centered on the truly important things, silly things, fun things, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!