Friday, January 10, 2014

P.C.O.S. GREEN Limeade (low sugar-great for diabetics, too!)

I recently found out that I have PCOS. I still don't understand much about it but I do believe it makes me insulin resistant. I have to watch my carbs and sugars, but then again, I think everyone should, but I guess especially someone like me with PCOS. 

As if grapefruit and I weren't friends before, we are total BFF's now. Lemons, limes, berries. All very low in sugar, thus very good for juicing. 

I have been challenging myself to make more beginner friendly, low sugar, green juices for my clients. This is one of my favorites. It's so low in sugar because the only thing that has any real amount of sugar in it is the apple. If you make this juice and it's just too much for you, you might want to add half an apple more. 

I hope you enjoy this juice as much as my son and I enjoyed making it. 




PCOS Green Limeade
1 bunch of spinach (2 plants, no roots)
2 sticks of celery
1 grapefruit
1 green apple
1 lime (I juiced the lime peel for the extra limeade flavor) 

Let me know how you like this one. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm surprised you have PCOS after doing so much juicing. I've read and heard about multiple women getting rid of PCOS after extended juice fasts. It's why I'm doing one now (on day 4).

    Yikes - well, hopefully it eventually goes away. :)

    (I know some people say you can't cure it, but I refuse to believe that)

    Also, I see you have an "anti cellulite" juice. If you care, an AWESOME cellulite killer is dry brushing with coconut oil once a day. It works a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it! Your way is much more easier than any other method. Thank you for sharing! I feel so motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!