Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Plan


Bottom Line: To coincide with lent, I am going on a 40 day juicing fast.

Details:
I am a 30 year old wife and mother to 3 young boys.
I am overweight (I will update this with my starting weight on February 12th) and I need to get healthy.
I have Crohn's disease.

Starting on February 13, 2013 I will be starting a 40 day long juice fast. I am doing this to break my addiction to unhealthy foods, to reboot my system, to allow my body to heal itself on the inside, and to become healthy for once in my life.

I will not be eating any foods. I will not be drinking any coffee, caffeine or alcohol. I will consume only raw fruits and vegetables along with lots and lots of water. I should be drinking about 80 ounces of fresh juice (consisting of about 80% vegetable to 20% fruit ratio) along with at least 60 ounces of water a day, every day, for 40 days.

I am not doing this for the sole reason of losing weight, I am doing this to change my entire life. I don't want to ever go back to my current lifestyle. I don't want to wake up craving unhealthy foods. I want to set a good example of health for my children and I wat to live a healthy life. I don't want to feel so tired and run down all the time. 2012 WILL be the last unhealthy year of my life.

Other benefits to rebooting:
Beautiful hair and skin
Increased energy
Improved immune system
Mental clarity
And just overall better health and happiness

Why juice? Joe Cross explains it best here, but here is a visual:

Allllllll of this fresh goodness





ended up becoming this



which was one very delicious (and VERY filling) lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics & Juicing is one of the healthiest food preparation there is too!
    check this link right here now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.
    juicing tips

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!