Thursday, February 7, 2013

SIX MORE DAYS!

I'm less than one week away from my fast and I am PUMPED!

I am a wife and mother to three young boys. I prepare every meal, everyday, without fail. I am just a normal stay at home mom on a single income. We have no hidden chef, personal chef or nanny to pick up the slack and cook for my family. It's all me. I am going to face a lot of hurdles that I am unable to avoid. I know that these 40 days won't be easy but I have been spending the last 2-3 weeks doing my research and preparing myself mentally for what I'm about to go through and I hope it helps a little.

We got our juicer just over a week ago and all I've done differently is replace a meal or two a day with juice and i have noticed my taste buds have already started to change. I have also lost about 4 lbs this past week. I find myself craving juice over foods which is brand new to me. I'm hoping that by introducing so many fruit and vegetable juices to my diet before starting my 40 day fast will make the transition a little easier on me.

I've read that the first 5 days are usually the hardest, when people feel the most run down and grumpy. Most people say that by day 10, they are on a "high" and have much more mental clarity. I want to blog at least once a day the first 10 days to report on my mood. And for those of you who know me, you know I have no problem being a little too honest.

I had an awesome feeling a couple days ago when a friend of mine from Facebook told me that because of all of my posts about juicing, she went out and got a juicer and LOVES it! She said she was not a fan of vegetables at all. It now she has been drinking lots of vegetables thanks to her new juicer! It feels good to help other people feel good!

What about YOU? Do you juice? Have you done a juice cleanse? How did you come across this blog? What would you like to hear more about?



3 comments:

  1. I am joining you! I tried to reply on the reboot with Joe Forum and login and then try to post and my login info is gone. Hmmm. I am a 44 year old stay at home mom to 4 kiddo's. I too am going to a Lenten juice fast! I ordered a refurbished Breville from Amazon and it will be here Tuesday. I have been preparing by eating 2 fully raw meals a day. A blog is a great idea too! I look forward to trying some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lasschick, I am so very excited to have you join me in this juicing adventure! Just 2 more days, really. I've not had caffeine in a few days and it was a struggle to turn down my husband's offer to make me a big cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer before church this morning....but I passed on it and had an apple, carrot, mango juice instead.

      I am thrilled and excited to follow your progress and offer you support. Together, by Easter, we will be different people! Best of luck! And thank you for your comment! I love hearing from my readers!

      Delete
  2. You have inspired me to start my very first blog. I want it to help me be accountable for the 40 days and hopefully beyond. I may be asking you questions and posting some of your recipes if that is okay. I will of course mention your blog as well. My blog can be found here:http://40daylentenreboot.blogspot.com/
    I'm getting excited!!!

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!