Saturday, February 2, 2013

How We Started Juicing

Where would you be without the friends in your life?

I've thought about this question a lot and the only answer I can come up with is that I have no idea where I'd be without my friends but I most certainly do not want to find out.

I have the most amazing and supportive friends a girl could ever ask for. A dear friend of mine joined a Facebook weight loss support group I started about a year ago and along with another 5-10 members, we've struggled alongside one another with our weight loss for the past year. I was having a rough couple days and I went to my wonderful group of women and did a little venting. About 10 minutes after my little rant, my dear friend Jennifer sends me an email and tells me that a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer will be delivered to my house by the end of January....and I couldn't fight her on it because he already paid for it! I was (and still am!!!) speechless. I am still humbled, almost 2 weeks later.

Well, my juicer came in and I LOVE it! My husband loves it! Our twin 5 year old sons love it! Our 18 month old little guy loves it! If you are on the fence about buying one, JUST DO IT!!! You won't regret it.



We've made all kinds of juice. I've had a few different people ask me to post recipes and I promise I will start. Right now I am playing around with different fruits, vegetables and tastes but my hope is that I am able to post a photo (with recipe and my personal review) of at least 2 juices a day during my 40 day juice fast. Fingers crossed!

I made a super fast snack of a carrot and a large naval orange and it has been my favorite so far.


Here was a quick breakfast juice with fruits, a beet and celery. This probably made 3 servings.



And here is the beautiful juice it made.



We have replaced all of our snacks and desserts with fresh juice. It's THE thing in our house right now! Do I have anyone else who juices a lot? If so, what recipes are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!