Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sweet Potato, Carrot, Citrus!

Ummm...maybe I'm just hungry....but I doubt it! This one is good.




1 pound of carrots
1 medium grapefruit
1 medium sweet potato
1 tangelo
1 lemon, peeled

(This yielded about 32 ounces)
Next time I might add some ginger, but this is pretty close to perfect for me. This one is kid approved, too! I'm going to add this as a go-to drink.

Tangelos just so happened to be on sale at the grocery store this week. If you don't have access to tangelos or just want to replace them with something else, a tangerine or orange would do just fine.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to juice a sweet potato, but I am afraid that it would be too grainy and I hate that texture! How does it turn out texture wise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it is slightly grainy. I'm like you, I do not like the chalky taste of protein powder (I tried a protein drink the other day....BARF) but this is very minimal. When I tried a sweet potato for the first time, I was scared so I only used about half of a small one. I say start off small like that and then add more as you become more comfortable with the sweet potato. I like to throw it in to change things up when I'm tired of the same ole green juices.

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Question? Just have something to say? Comment below!